Tuesday 1 January 2013

Dilly Campbell's infamous Tex-Mex Dip

I've mentioned my obsession with this divine dip before and Dilly and I met up just before Christmas and she was as always fabulous enough to have written it down for me again! I've now carved this recipe in every place possible so I never lose it again! I can't wait to make this for movie night and munch through a large bag of tortillas.

Ingredients
2 avocados
2tbsp lemon juice
Salt & Pepper
Chop the avocados and mix in a bowl with the lemon juice. Set to one side

1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 packet of Fajita seasoning
Mix all together in a separate bowl and set to one side.

1 tin refried beans
1 jar Hot Tomato salsa
1/2 bunch of spring onions chopped finely.
3 fresh tomatoes diced small
1 jar black sliced pitted olives, drained
100g grated cheddar

Layer all the above ingredients in an ovenproof dish as below:

1. Refried beans
2. Avocados
3. Sour cream, Mayo mix
4. Fresh tomatoes
5. Spring onions
6. Salsa
7. Black sliced olives
8. Cheese

Pop in the oven and back until the cheese is crusty and melted. Serve with Nachos, Tortilla chips or Tacos.

No comments:

Post a Comment