Wednesday 24 October 2012

Blackberry Liqueur

Last Christmas my wonderful "Big Sister" Alison gave me a book on home made brewing and a couple of bottles of her own home made liqueurs. Her Damson Vodka and Rhubarb liqueur are heavenly. I then made Nigellas Christmas Vodka with fab success. Lynsey has requested it for Christmas again. So I decided to get experimenting and my first attempt has been inspired by the glut of blackberries near my office in Wembley.

Ingredients
70cl Vodka
1/4 cup Caster sugar
Cinnamon stick
3 strips of Orange peel
250g - 400g fresh or frozen Blackberries.
1ltr Sterile bottle.
Put caster sugar, blackberries (as many as you can get into the bottle so it's half way full. Add the orange peel strips and cinnamon and top up with vodka. Seal the lid and shake until the sugars dissolved. Place in a dark cupboard for a min of one month or the freezer if you want this to be ready quicker. After one month drain into a jug and pour into a clean bottle. This isn't too sweet but its lovely and warming. Great as a little tipple to warm the cockles on Bon Fire Night.



No comments:

Post a Comment