Thursday 25 October 2012

Corrie-Drayton Chicken

I could eat coronation chicken all day and all night! I don't like sultanas in my recipe but if you do chuck them in. Seriously I'd slather this all over a jacket potato or inside a fresh croissant. Yummy yum yum! You can use less chicken and more celery, tomatoes etc to bulk it out and make it stretch even further.


Ingredients
A little Oil
Small onion diced finely.
1tsp ground cumin
2-3tbs Tikka paste (pattaks is the best)
250g Greek yoghurt
2tbs Mayonnaise
1 dessert spoon of mango chutney
1kg cooked shredded chicken
3 spring onions chopped
Handful of chopped parsley
1 stick celery sliced
Handful of roughly chopped toasted pecans.
Season to taste.

Fry together onions, cumin and tikka paste until soft and unctuous. Put into a large bowl and leave to cool.

Once cool mix with 250g Greek yoghurt, Mayo and mango chutney then add cooked chicken, celery, spring onions and parsley.

Serve as you like with a big salad, jacket potato or in a wrap. I also like adding a diced tomato and apple as well, which makes it go even further.

I don't know how many this serves as I'm a greedy wench, but certainly 4 hungry people. Easily half quantities if you prefer a more manageable amount.

No comments:

Post a Comment