Wednesday 31 October 2012

Carrie's Flakey Veggie Slice

This is a recipe my friend Carrie made me for dinner one evening when I was feeling very lost and lonely. Its so good and when I asked her for the recipe so I could write it on my blog she said "errr there isn't one, I just use what I have in the fridge"  So here goes Carrie's veggie slice that even full on carnivores will devour with relish.

1 packet of puff pastry
1 cup of grated hard cheese
1 beaten egg - to glaze the pastry
1 onion sliced
6 Chestnut mushrooms sliced
1 large courgette grated
1 large carrot grated
1 sliced yellow/red pepper
A handful of peas or soya beans or sweetcorn.

Take away or add whatever veg you like from the above.

Roll out puff pastry into a large rectangle. Mix your prepared vegetables, and cheese in a bowl and season with a little salt and pepper. You don't want this mixture to be too wet otherwise you will get a soggy bottom on your pastry, and nobody likes a soggy bottom.

Place along the long edge of your pastry and roll up tightly like a giant sausage roll and place on the lined baking tray with the seam underneath. Brush with the beaten egg and pop in the oven at 200 C and bake for 35 minutes until the pastry is golden and the cooked through.

Slice and serve with a nice salad or boiled new potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment